What is a pitch deck and why do I need one?
When pitching a business idea, entrepreneurs typically prepare what is called a slide deck or business deck, typically in the form of a PowerPoint presentation that outlines the business for potential investors or clients. This is very similar to a business plan but the presentation allows you to show your passion and enthusiasm for the project, as well as address any concerns your audience.
A good resource for preparing your pitch deck is Guy Kawasaki’s “The Only 10 Slides You Need in Your Pitch”
- How to start a startup (course)
- The Lean Startup – Eric Ries (book)
- Running Lean – Ash Maurya (book)
- The Four Steps to the Epiphany – Steve Blank (book)
- Sam Altman’s blog
- Paul Graham’s essays
- Retention is King
- What product features should I focus on?
- How This Founder Turned Slow Burn Rate into a Big Exit
- The Top 5 Reasons You Suck at Making Rational Decisions
- The Illusion of Product/Market Fit for SaaS Companies
- Managing growth & delivering magic (video)
- “No Marketing” isn’t as impressive as you think
- Growth is optional
- The Hacker’s Guide to User Acquisition
- Ok, you launched. Now what? Here’s how to get noticed on a budget
- Ask HN: Where I can post my startup to get beta users?
- Launched new messaging app 2 weeks ago. 2 million messages sent, 70,000 users so far. This is what I’ve done to get traction. Also, AMA.
- How to solve the cold-start problem for social products
- Focus on building 10x teams, not on hiring 10x developers
- #define CTO
- Gene Pool Engineering For Entrepreneurs – Vinod Khosla
- Product Hunt
- Hacker News
- Reddit /r/startups
- Reddit /r/entrepreneurs
- StartupTalks TV (videos)
- Google Talks (videos)
- Authors@Google: Eric Ries “The Lean Startup”
- Marc Andreessen & Dave McClure: The Future of Startups, VC’s, and Technology
- Foundation 37 // David Byttow
- PandoMonthly: Fireside Chat With Airbnb CEO Brian Chesky
- Startup Grind Feat Scott Heiferman
- Vinod Khosla (Khosla Ventures) at Startup Grind Silicon Valley
- UX Design & Marketing Tactics – Shopify